20 killed, 48 injured in Quetta Hazarganji blast


Quetta hazarganji blast, queta, blast, quetta blast, DIG Quetta, 16 killed, 30 injured
12 Apr, 2019 2:00 pm

QUETTA (92 News) – At least 20 people were killed while 48 were left wounded in an explosion in Quetta area of Hazarganji on Friday morning.

According to details garnered, the explosion took place early morning in Sabzi Mandi (Vegetable Market) located in Hazarganji area in Quetta.

DIG Quetta Abdul Razaq Cheema confirmed to the media that 20 people, including an FC official, lost their lives in the blast. Thirty others were injured and were undergoing treatment, he added. He also said that eight member of Hazara community are included in the dead persons.

The Quetta DIG also informed that an improvised explosive device (IED) had been hidden among the potatoes bag in the market.

The sources said the blast meant to target the Frontier Constabulary (FC) vehicle parked in the market. Several people were injured in the explosion as they all were shifted to the Bolan Medical Complex.

Buildings located nearby were also damaged in the blast, police said earlier.

Following the explosion, the security cordon has been put in place in the entire area. The bomb disposal squad also reached the site. However, the rescue operation was continued.

Quetta Quetta hazar Ganji Balst sabzi Mandi

PM Imran condemns Quetta blast

Prime Minister Imran Khan has expressed grief over the deaths of innocent people in Quetta blast.

In a statement, the prime minister condemned the attack and summoned report from the authorities concerned. He also directed the provincial government to provide best medical facilities to the victims.

Four policemen injured in Quetta blast

On March 11, four policemen were injured due to the blast near a police mobile in Quetta.

According to the reports, an explosion in Quetta’s Mian Ghundi area near a police mobile, leaving four injured. It was reported that the blast took place near a police vehicle. The explosive material had been installed in a motorcycle.

It also said that Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) vehicle had been targeted. The injured are being shifted to a hospital. As per the police sources, the blast also damaged the police vehicle.

Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Kamal Khan strongly condemned the blast and regretted the injuries caused to the four policemen.

In a statement, the provincial chief minister said such “cowardly acts by terrorists could not undermine the resolve of security forces”.

He added that law enforcement agencies will continue their operations until terrorism is completely eliminated and directed the police to make security measures more effective.

While praying for the speedy recovery of the injured, he stressed that they be provided with the best treatment facilities.

At least 3 FC soldiers martyred, 4 injured in Quetta blast

Earlier, at least three personnel of Frontier Corps (FC) were martyred and four injured in a blast at Margat area in Quetta.

According to the sources, the blast took place near the vehicle of security forces. The FC soldiers’ were martyred when their vehicle came under attack. Another four were injured in the blast.

The rescue teams rushed to the blast site and shifted injured to the hospitals. The security forces the explosive material was installed along the roadside. The vehicle of security forces was carrying food to other personnel when came to under attack.



Must Watch

Oops, something went wrong.