Over 1,700 houses demolished in Sukkur operation
SUKKUR (92 News) – Over 1,700 houses were demolished in an operation against encroachments along canals in the city on Wednesday.
The affectees protested against the operation and blocked roads by burning tyres.
A heavy contingent of police reached the spot and baton-charged and tear-gassed the protesters to disperse them.
Several protesters were injured in the clash.
The protesters said that their housed had been demolished without providing them an alternate place.
On the other hand, the administration said that the operation against encroachments had been launched on court order and the affectees would be provided an alternate place.