9,474 people selected in second balloting under Govt Hajj Scheme
ISLAMABAD (92 News) – As many as 9,474 people have been selected in the second balloting under the Government Hajj Scheme on Monday.
Speaking on the occasion, Minister for Religious Affairs Noorul Haq Qadri said that the successful intending pilgrims would be informed through SMS. “Our Hajj quota is 200,000.”
He said that money had been saved due to reduction in the prices of food and accommodation. “A handsome amount will be returned to intending pilgrims who will have to deposit the amount by June 14,” he said.
Earlier in a statement, the spokesman for the Religious Ministry said that the Saudi government had given an additional quota of 16,000 to Pakistan, of which 60 percent (9,474) would be allocated to the remaining applicants of Government Hajj Scheme, who were declared unsuccessful in recent balloting.
He said that all unsuccessful applicants would be included in the balloting despite withdrawing money from their respective bank branches.
As many as 216,542 applications were received this year, out of which 107, 526 were declared successful in balloting conducted on March 11. He said that out of the total additional quota of 16,000, 40 percent (6,526) would be allotted to eligible registered Hajj Group Organizers.
As per the Hajj Policy 2019 released by the Religious Affairs Ministry, a total of 200,000 Pakistani pilgrims will perform Hajj this year.