Tuesday, November 24, 2020
Urdu Web Newspaper 92news Live(UK) 92News Live(PK)
Urdu Web Newspaper
92news Live(UK) 92News Live(PK)

Saudi Arabia brings forward curfew in 3 places amid coronavirus

Saudi Arabia brings forward curfew in 3 places amid coronavirus
April 3, 2020 07:26 pm

RIYADH (92 News/Web Desk) – Saudi Arabia has brought forward curfew in Dammam, Taif, Al Qatif to start at 3pm, it was announced on Friday. The move comes after curfew in Mecca and Medina extended to 24 hours to tackle coronavirus. According to the Saudi Ministry of Interior, the earlier start time for the curfew in the city of Dammam and the governorates of Al-Qatif and Taif forms part of the Kingdom’s measures to slow the spread of the new coronavirus. The ministry said curfew exemptions still apply to those in vital public and private sectors such as security, military and media. Those who work in health services are also excluded from the curfew. The Kingdom imposed a quarantine on Al Qatif earlier last month. The temporary suspension of entry and exit was extended from the city’s Saihat district in the south to Safwa in the north, according to the ministry. On Thursday (April, 2, 2020), the Kingdom imposed a 24-hour curfew in the two holy cities of Mecca and Medina until further notice, as the total number of reported COVID-19 deaths in the country has risen to 21. The new restrictions come as the kingdom reported 165 new coronavirus cases, bringing the total number of infections to 1885. Five new deaths reported over last 24 hours Five new deaths have also been reported over the last 24 hours, pushing the death toll to 21, Saudi Health Minister Dr Tawfiq Al Rabiah, said during a press conference. He said 64 infected patients have fully recovered, taking the total recoveries to 328. The minister highlighted the importance of the measures in controlling the spread of the pandemic. “People’s adherence is essential to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus, whatever the strong measures,” the minister said. The 24-hour curfew was announced by Interior Minister Abdul Aziz Bin Saud Al Saud. It was from 3pm to 6am only. The kingdom is extending the curfew as part of slew of intensified measures to combat the spread of the coronavirus, the interior minister said.

Contact Details