Sunday, December 3, 2023

Funeral prayers for Loralai martyrs offered

Funeral prayers for Loralai martyrs offered
January 30, 2019
LORALAI (92 News) – The funeral prayers for the martyred six police officials who were killed in DIG Office’s blast were offered in Loralai on Wednesday. As per details, the funeral prayers of six martyred police officials were offered, however, Inspector general of Police Mohsin Ahsan Butt and provincial Interior Minister Mir Zia Langu among other police officials attended the funeral ceremony. The Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) started the probe of terrorists and they are collecting the evidences. Further, the forensic experts are also included in the CTD team. On the other hand, Quetta DIG Abdur Razaq Cheema alerted the security while increased the security around the building of Balochistan Assembly.
Nine martyred, 21 others injured in blast in Loralai DIG office
Earlier, three policemen and six civilian have been martyred while more than 21 others were injured in a blast in the DIG Office in Loralai. According to the reports, all terrorists were killed in a gun and explosive attack on the office of the deputy inspector general of police (DIG) Zhob division at Loralai. DIG Nisar Ahmed Khan remained unhurt in the attack. The DIG and 15 officials were rescued safely. Interviews were going on for different posts when the attack occurred. The injured including Muhammad Nawaz, Shahid Khan, Muhammad Haleem, Ameer Khan, Mujeeb Khan, Habibullah and Muhammad Shah have been shifted to Loralai teaching hospital and CMH for medical treatment where condition of four injured is stated to be critical. It was also reported that the DIG compound has been cleared and all terrorists have been killed in the operation spanning over eight hours carried out by the law enforcement agencies. Sources said that four terrorists had stormed the office and opened fire on inmates. The attack was made at the time when recruitment test for class-4 employees was underway in the compound. Soon after the attack security forces cordoned off the area to neutralise the militants.