ISLAMABAD (92 News) – Federal Minister for Education Shafqat Mahmood has said that the students taking the Class 9 and 11 examinations have been promoted to the next classes without exams.
Addressing a press conference on Friday, he announced that the students failing in 40 percent subjects would be given the passing marks. “A student who could not perform well in the exams can take the special exam,” he said.
The minister said that it was decided in the National Coordination Committee (NCC) that the educational institutions will remain closed till July 15.
He said that the students who want to take the special examinations would inform their respective boards. “We will take the decision on the special examinations keeping in view the conditions,” he said.
Shafaqat Mahmood said that all provinces had agreed to the decisions taken in today’s meeting. “Punjab has decided to take into consideration matric exam already taken. For practical marks, the Punjab Education Department would issue a policy statement,” he added.
Summary of decisions taken today:
- All students of class 9 and 11 promoted without exam including private.
2) No composite exam for these students next year. They will appear in 10 and 12 grade exam and from their result previous years result will be calculated.
3) All students who could not appear in class 10 and 12 exams will be assessed on class 9 and 11 results provided they had cleared all subjects. 3% marks will be added to their total marks calculated for class 10 and 12.
4 Those failing in less than 40% subjects in 9 and 11 will be given passing grade.
5) A special exam will be conducted for 4 categories:
- a) those wanting to improve grade 11 result
- b) those sitting for composite exam
- c) those taking additional subjects.