Tuesday, January 25, 2022
Live-TV(PK) Live-TV(UK) Newspaper اُردُو نیوز
اُردُو نیوز Newspaper
Live-TV(PK) Live-TV(UK)

Delay in return of Nawaz Sharif: Govt decides to move LHC against Shehbaz Sharif

Delay in return of Nawaz Sharif: Govt decides to move LHC against Shehbaz Sharif
January 11, 2022 Web Desk

ISLAMABAD (92 News) – The federal cabinet has decided to move the Lahore High Court against PML-N president Shehbaz Sharif due to a delay in the return of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif.

Talking to the media on Tuesday, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhary said that they had contacted the London High Commission twice, but the Sharif family refused to share the reports of Nawaz Sharif. "The illness of Nawaz Sharif is a fraud and Shehbaz Sharif is involved in it. Nawaz Sharif is making fun of the state and the law," he added.

Fawad Chaudhary said that the government would seek disqualification of Shehbaz Sharif in the Lahore High Court.

About the Murree tragedy, the minister said that roads were blocked after trees fell on them due to the snow storm. "The people slept after switching on the heater in their vehicles. The deaths occurred due to carbon monoxide," he added.

He said that the Punjab government had formed a high-level inquiry committee. He lauded the performance of the Pak Army and civil institutions in the relief and rescue operation.

About the Covid-19, Fawad Chaudhary said that the cases had been doubled, but schools would not be closed. "Our economy cannot afford the lockdown. People must wear masks in restaurants, schools and business institutions," he added.