Monday, November 29, 2021
اُردُو نیوز Newspaper Live-TV(UK) Live-TV(PK)
اُردُو نیوز Newspaper
Live-TV(UK) Live-TV(PK)

Faisalabad alleged encounter of police proved fake: inquiry report

Faisalabad alleged encounter of police proved fake: inquiry report
August 12, 2018
FAISALBAD (92 News) – An alleged encounter of two students in Faisalabad by police has been proved fake, according to the inquiry report. The inquiry report revealed that no encounter was happened in the police barricade. The report stated that the deceased students included Arslan and Usman did not open fire and they were unarmed. In the report revealed that the claims of police about encounter was fake and based on lies. The third culprit, who opened the fire on both the students, has also been arrested. Three arrested accused are trying to blame one another for killing the innocent Matric students. A day earlier, a dismissed constable was among the policemen involved in a fake encounter in Faisalabad that left two students dead earlier this week, confirmed police spokesperson Inspector Amir Waheed. Inspector Waheed said that Constable Faisal was present at the Ali Town check-post with ASI Javaid. "We will definitely interrogate with the ASI over the presence of Constable Faisal at the site," he said. On August 9, citizens of Faisalabad took to the streets in protest after two youth were shot dead in what police said was an alleged encounter. A young man identified as Arsalan died on spot, while another, named Usman, succumbed to his wounds at the Allied Hospital later in the day. The two friends had gone out to have dinner and were shot dead by the police after they failed to stop on the police's orders, the families of the deceased youth said. According to families of the deceased — residents of Millat Town — Usman and Arsalan had recently completed secondary school. The former was the son of a police head constable Munawwar and had secured 960 out of 1050 marks in matric examination. The police took back its initial claim that the two boys were dacoits as later City Police Officer Ashfaq Khan said that no evidence was found of the duo opening fire upon the policemen. "Arsalan and Usman had no criminal record and both were innocent," said Khan.