Saturday, January 22, 2022
Live-TV(PK) Live-TV(UK) Newspaper اُردُو نیوز
اُردُو نیوز Newspaper
Live-TV(PK) Live-TV(UK)

Family protests against police inaction in rape, murder of 10-year-old girl

Family protests against police inaction in rape, murder of 10-year-old girl
May 21, 2019
ISLAMABAD (92 News) – Family and relatives protested against the abduction, rape and alleged murder of a 10-year-old girl, Farishta, by keeping her body at Taramri Chowk in Islamabad on Tuesday. According to the reports, three people were arrested after the protest of family in connection with the alleged rape of Farishta in Islamabad’s Shahzad Town area. The deputy commissioner also ordered to conduct judicial inquiry into the matter. National Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser also held talks with the victims’ family and the relatives. Negotiations between the family and district administration are underway. The protesters said they will bury the victim after negotiations are successful. The victim, belonging to Mohmand tribal district, was murdered after being sexually assaulted, and her body was dumped near Chak Shahzad area of the federal capital on May 15. Her family accused Islamabad police of non-cooperation, saying they refused to file the case which delayed the process by three days. The victim’s father said police officials at Shahzad Town police station refused to lodge first information report (FIR) of the incident and made him visit the police station for three days, adding that they also mistreated him on multiple occasions. Her relatives said police had also accused the child of eloping with the culprits. The body of the child was found a day after the FIR was registered. A timely police action would have saved her life, they added. Taking notice of the incident, Interior Minister Ijaz Ahmed Shah ordered the authorities to take strict action against the culprits. He also asked the Islamabad inspector general of police to submit a detailed report regarding the case.
SHO Shehzad Town suspended
The Islamabad Inspector General of Police (IGP) formed two teams today to investigate the incident. One of the teams will be headed by the deputy superintendent of police (DSP) investigations, and the other will be led by superintendent police (rural). The Station House Officer Shehzad Town Sub Inspector Muhammad Abbas Rana was suspended from duty in a notification issued by the office of the SSP Islamabad on Tuesday. The DIG Operations said he had suspended the SHO in order to ensure that a transparent inquiry is conducted into the case.