Earlier on Friday morning, at least 20 people were killed while 48
were left wounded in an explosion in Quetta area of Hazarganji.
According to details garnered, the explosion took place early morning in Sabzi Mandi (Vegetable Market) located in Hazarganji area in Quetta.
DIG Quetta Abdul Razaq Cheema confirmed to the media that 20 people, including an FC official, lost their lives in the blast. Thirty others were injured and were undergoing treatment, he added. He also said that eight member of Hazara community are included in the dead persons.
The Quetta DIG also informed that an improvised explosive device (IED) had been hidden among the potatoes bag in the market.
The sources said the blast meant to target the Frontier Constabulary (FC) vehicle parked in the market. Several people were injured in the explosion as they all were shifted to the Bolan Medical Complex.
Buildings located nearby were also damaged in the blast, police said earlier.
Following the explosion, the security cordon has been put in place in the entire area. The bomb disposal squad also reached the site. However, the rescue operation was continued.
PM Imran condemns Quetta blast
Prime Minister Imran Khan has expressed grief over the deaths of innocent people in Quetta blast.
In a statement, the prime minister condemned the attack and summoned report from the authorities concerned. He also directed the provincial government to provide best medical facilities to the victims.