Monday, December 6, 2021
اُردُو نیوز Newspaper Live-TV(UK) Live-TV(PK)
اُردُو نیوز Newspaper
Live-TV(UK) Live-TV(PK)

Motorway gang-rape case: Main accused Abid Malhi at large even after one week

Motorway gang-rape case: Main accused Abid Malhi at large even after one week
September 16, 2020
LAHORE (92 News) – The main accused, Abid Malhi, is at large even after one week of the Motorway gang-rape case. Twenty-six teams formed to trace the culprits have failed so far. The police could not find the main accused even at the hideouts pointed out by the arrested accused Shafqat and Balla Mistry. The Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) of the accused has been blocked by the authorities. The investigation of the case has been assigned to Old Anarkali Investigation in-charge. Two DSPs have been appointed for the arrest of the accused Abid Ali. According to the police, only an officer of the inspector rank could investigate the Anti-Terrorism Act sections and a sub-inspector has no authority to do so. They said that the accused Shafqat had been sent to jail for identification parade and the victim will have to visit the jail for identifying the accused. "The accused has been kept in a security barrack. The identification parade will be conducted in the presence of the investigation officer and the jail authorities. Raids are being conducted to arrest Abid Malhi on the pointation of Shafqat," they added. Sources said that the CIA had arrested five more people and Abid's family members are in the custody of the CIA. Meanwhile, Punjab Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar said that the police had arrested one accused and another would be arrested soon.