Thursday, December 2, 2021
اُردُو نیوز Newspaper Live-TV(UK) Live-TV(PK)
اُردُو نیوز Newspaper
Live-TV(UK) Live-TV(PK)

No intention to break agreement with govt: Maulana Fazl

No intention to break agreement with govt: Maulana Fazl
October 28, 2019
KARACHI (92 News) – Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam Fazl (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman said that he has no intention to break agreement that his party reached with the government on ‘Azadi March’. In a statement, the JUI-F chief said that they would abide by the agreement under which they will hold a rally in a ground near Islamabad’s H-9 sector and not enter the red zone. He clarified the agreement was reached with the Islamabad administration and not the government. JUI-F leader Maulana Rashid Soomro also rejected reports that the party has called off the agreement. “How a question of the cancellation of an agreement with the government pops up, when no such a pact has been signed,” he said. “They had submitted a request to the deputy commissioner for holding a public gathering in the federal capital,” he added. Maulana Fazlur Rehman said that they have not submitted any application to Minister for Defence Pervez Khattak, who headed the government negotiation committee.
Government, opposition agree on Kashmir Highway as Azadi March venue
Earlier, the talks between the government and the opposition remained successful on Saturday as both sides agreed on the venue of Azadi March. Sources said that the government-opposition dialogues committee had informed about the decision. They said that the stage for Azadi March will be prepared at Peshawar Morr. However, the participants of Azadi March will remain on Kashmir Highway. Earlier on Friday, the talks between the government and the opposition ended inconclusively after two rounds. The government had rejected the demands of the opposition. The opposition had demanded to hold the meeting either at D Chowk or China Chowk. However, the government refused to allow the meeting at any place except New Parade Ground. The Dialogue Committee informed the Rahbar Committee after consulting Prime Minister Imran Khan. After the talks, Defence Minister Pervaiz Khattak said that the talks remained inconclusive; however, the dialogues will continue. “No decision could be made today. It will be made during the next sessions,” he said. Rahbar Committee chairman Akram Durrani said that they had not reached a conclusion for the time being. “However, the talks will continue. No timeframe has been settled,” he added. The government team headed was by Defence Minister Pervez Khattak with the 11-member Rehbar Committee having representation of all major opposition parties at the residence of Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam (JUI-F) leader Akram Khan Durrani.