Sunday, January 23, 2022
Live-TV(PK) Live-TV(UK) Newspaper اُردُو نیوز
اُردُو نیوز Newspaper
Live-TV(PK) Live-TV(UK)

No new coronavirus variant reported in Punjab, confirms Dr Yasmin

No new coronavirus variant reported in Punjab, confirms Dr Yasmin
May 2, 2021

LAHORE (92 News) – Punjab Health Minister Dr Yasmin Rashid on Sunday has confirmed that no new cornonavirus variant has been detected in Punjab.

While talking to the journalists, the minister told that the British virus rate is 90 per cent, while the remaining 10 per cent is the old type of coronavirus variant in Punjab. "The lockdown in Lahore proved effective as the positivity rate of coronavirus cases in the provincial capital dropped to 18 per cent from 30 per cent," she added.

Dr Yasmin also said that the positivity ratio of coronavirus cases in Layyah has escalated to 31 percent. "All kinds of gatherings, indoor and outdoor, and processions across Punjab have been banned. There are 50 ventilators available in the walled city while 42% high-dependency oxygen beds are occupied," she explained.

Dr Rashid further said that the Chinese vaccine is the most successful in the world. "We ordered all effective vaccines," she mentioned.

She also appealed from the people to observe I'tikaf at home and celebrate Eid with simplicity.