Friday, December 3, 2021
اُردُو نیوز Newspaper Live-TV(UK) Live-TV(PK)
اُردُو نیوز Newspaper
Live-TV(UK) Live-TV(PK)

Shahbaz Tatla murder case: Police obtain 5-day remand of SSP Mufakhar

Shahbaz Tatla murder case: Police obtain 5-day remand of SSP Mufakhar
March 11, 2020
LAHORE (92 News) – A local court in Lahore on Wednesday has handed over Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Lahore Mufakhar Adeel to police on five-day physical remand in Shahbaz Tatla murder case. SSP Mufakhar Adeel was presented before the court of judicial magistrate in Model Town Katchehry. The investigation officer pleaded six-day physical remand of Mufakhar Adeel. The strict security arrangements were maded during his appearance before court and he was taken in the armored vehicle. Later, the court remanded him to police for five-days. Shahbaz Tatla Murder Case: Main Accsued SSP Mufakhar Adeel Courts Arrest Earlier on Monday, SSP Mufakhar Adeel, the main accused of the Shahbaz Tatla murder case, courted arrest. However, the police refused to have arrested the SSP. Sources said that two high-ranking officers had presented the SSP before the police. Mufakhar Adeel’s friend Asad Bhatti had told the police that he and the police officer had murdered their mutual friend, former advocate general Shahbaz Tattla over a business matter. Bhatti was taken into custody by police after he was identified from a CCTV footage. Police had recovered Adeel’s car from Johar Town. In the CCTV footage, Bhatti was seen sitting beside the police officer. In his confessional statement to the police, Bhatti revealed that Adeel called Tattla to a mutually agreed place where he strangled him to death. He disposed off Tattla’s body by throwing it in a drum full of acid. Bhatti said that a police constable had washed the scene of the crime, a house that was jointly rented by Adeel and Tattla some days ago allegedly to hold parties. SSP Adeel and Tattla were reportedly very close and used to frequent social gatherings together. Both of them belonged to Narowal. SSP Adeel, who was currently posted in the Punjab Constabulary (PC), Lahore, left his home on his official vehicle after telling his wife that he was going somewhere. His wife reported him missing after his cell phone remained constantly powered off.