Thursday, January 27, 2022
Live-TV(PK) Live-TV(UK) Newspaper اُردُو نیوز
اُردُو نیوز Newspaper
Live-TV(PK) Live-TV(UK)

Sindh cabinet allocates Rs100mn emergency fund to tackle coronavirus

Sindh cabinet allocates Rs100mn emergency fund to tackle coronavirus
March 3, 2020
KARACHI (92 News) – The Sindh Cabinet under the chair of Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah on Tuesday has allocated Rs100 million emergency fund for prevention of coronavirus. During the meeting, the cabinet has also directed to sign memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Indus Hospital for the treatment of coronavirus carriers. The Sindh chief minister briefed the cabinet about the measures being taken by provincial govt to deal with the spread of deadly COVID-19 in the province after two cases were reported in Karachi. He also said that two people who tested positive for coronavirus had come from Iran and were not kept in quarantine centre. “Sindh govt is taking serious measures to deal with coronavirus and i am personally looking over the matter. People who came from Iran had been kept in isolation at homes also,” he told the meeting. Commenting over the decision of closure of schools till March 16, the Sindh chief minister was of the view that the govt took a decision to avoid the further spread of coronavirus. The situation could have become more difficult if the children of people who came from Iran gone to school. To avoid this situation, the govt had decided to extend the closure of all schools across the province, he added. CM Murad said the provincial govt had decided to purchase 5000 testing kits to diagnose the coronavirus. He said that people who travelled to Iran and China will be tested for coronavirus. “Overall 14000 people have come from Iran and majority of them belongs to Sindh province. The provincial govt has identified 2301 people so far and conducted 53 suspected coronavirus tests out of which only two reported positive, he briefed cabinet.