on Mar 20, PPP chairman Bilawal Bhutto and co-chairman Asif Zardari recorded their statements before the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in the mega money laundering case.
A five-member team interrogated Bilawal Bhutto, while Asif Zardari was investigated by 11-member team for one hour. Both were given a 20-question questionnaire each and asked to submit the reply till March 30.
Bilawal Bhutto expressed his dissociation from the fake accounts case. “It is beyond understanding why I have been included in the case. I have never done corruption. The NAB should keep the facts in mind. I hope the NAB will not summon me again,” he said.
About the Park Lane case, he said that he was very young when the company was formed.
He requested to submit the written replies to some questions.
In his statement, Asif Zardari said that the Park Lane Company matter is 28-year-old and remember it a little. The audio and video statement was recorded.
Both leaders were accompanied by several party leaders including Assefa Bhutto. Rawalpindi NAB summons Asif Zardari, Bilawal Bhutto on Mar 20
Earlier, the NAB
summoned PPP co-chairman Asif Zardari and chairman Bilawal Bhutto in the fake accounts case on March 20.
Mega money laundering case transferred to Rawalpindi
The banking court ordered to transfer mega money laundering case from Karachi to Rawalpindi on the National Accountability Bureau’s plea.
During the hearing, the banking court accepted the NAB plea of moving the case to Rawalpindi from Karachi. However, former president Asif Ali Zardri and his sister Faryal Talpur were absent during the hearing.
Following the arguments, the court had reserved its verdict earlier this week. The court today announced the verdict, allowing the case to be transferred from Karachi to Rawalpindi.
Subsequently, the banking court cancelled the interim bails granted to Zardari, Talpur and others as the case had been transferred to a different court.