Sunday, January 23, 2022
Live-TV(PK) Live-TV(UK) Newspaper اُردُو نیوز
اُردُو نیوز Newspaper
Live-TV(PK) Live-TV(UK)

Teachers end protest after successful talks with Sindh govt

Teachers end protest after successful talks with Sindh govt
March 29, 2019
KARACHI (92 News) – The protesting teachers ended their protest after successful talks with the Sindh government on Friday. After the acceptance of their demands including the time scale, the teachers ended their protest. A notification in this regard has been issued. The talks between the protesters and Sindh Education Minister Syed Sardar Shah continued for three hours outside Karachi Press Club. A committee has been established to discuss other demands and privileges. A committee has been established over the issue to regularize the NTS teachers. Moreover, the committee will also discuss group insurance and departmental promotion, utility allowance and other privileges. After the announcement to end the protest, SSC examinations will be held on time.
Protesting teachers beaten, tear-gassed
The Sindh government protesting teachers including women were beaten and tear-gassed by the police when they tried to stop march towards the Chief Minister’s House. According to the reports, the government teachers including women held protest outside Karachi Press Club for increasing their salaries. When the protestors started to march towards the chief minister’s house, the police fired tear gas shells. As a result, several protesters were injured and taken to hospital. Meanwhile, the condition of one teacher is stated to be critical while many of them arrested by the police.
Karachi police used water cannon to disperse protesters
Earlier, Karachi police fired water cannon and resorted to baton-charge and tear-gas to prevent protesting teachers from moving towards the Chief Minister’s House to lodge their protest. The teachers were protesting for the fulfillment of a host of their demands, some of which were already agreed to by the provincial authorities. As teachers arrived at the scheduled time at the Karachi Press Club and tried to proceed onwards, the police already deployed at all surrounding roads baton-charged them, fired tear gas shells and used water cannon, causing injuries to some protesting teachers. During the police action, scores of the protesters were also detained.