KARACHI (92 News) – Sindh Chief Minister (CM) Murad Ali Shah on Wednesday confirmed the two more death from coronavirus (COVID-19) during the last 24 hours.
In a video statement, the chief minister said that 50 new cases of coronavirus have reported, taking the provincial tally to 1036. He also stated that the death toll in Sindh province stands at 20.
Murad Ali Shah said that overall 10981 coronavirus tests had been conducted in the province so far, whereas, 280 patients have recovered from COVID-19 thus far.
Murad Ali Shah further maintained that the government is striving to increase the daily COVID-19 testing capacity. He has asked the people to observe the day of religious reverence at home and offer prayers from the safety of their residential confines.
“Lockdown has been made stricter across the province on account of Shab-e-Barat”, said Murad.
The number of coronavirus
patients increased to 4,072 after 207 new cases were reported during the last 24 hours.
According to the data available with the National Command and Operation Centre, four more deaths were reported, soaring the toll to 58.
Punjab continued to lead the patients tally with 2,030 cases, while patients have increased to 932 in Sindh, 500 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, 202 in Balochistan and 83 in Islamabad. There are 211 reported cases in Gilgit-Baltistan and 19 in Azad Jammu and Kashmir.
As many as 467 patients have recovered after treatment in hospitals across the country. The condition of 25 patients is being stated to be critical. So far tests have been conducted on 42,159 patients after 3,076 tests were carried out on suspected patients during the last 24 hours.
As per details, 59 percent of the cases came from different countries, while 41 percent cases are transmitted locally. As many as 7,295 beds have been allocated for coronavirus patients in 462 hospitals throughout the country.
Presently 1,311 patients are being treated in different hospitals. In total, 16,737 suspected cases have been placed in 328 quarantine centres.