Another boy loses hands after suffering shock in Karachi

31 Aug, 2018 3:56 pm

KARACHI (92 News) – Another child has lost his arms after suffering an electric shock, a day after an eight-year-old boy had his arms amputated in a similar incident in the metropolis.

Eleven-year-old Haris, a resident of Surjani Town, slipped and fell from the second floor of a madrassa. According to reports, he tried to lessen the impact of his fall by holding on to a low-hanging high tension wire, which electrocuted him.

Both of his arms were badly burnt as a result, and had to be amputated. The grieving father of the boy has registered a case against K-Electric, the city’s sole power supplier, as the family awaits action against those responsible.

This is the second such case to have emerged within the span of a week. Earlier on Thursday, the eight-year old boy, Muhammad Umar, was critically injured after a high tension wire fell on his left arm in Ahsanabad, a town adjacent to Gulshan-e-Maymar on August 24. Both arms of Umar an eight-year-old boy had to be amputated after a high-tension wire of K-Electric fell on him outside his home on the third day of Eidul Azha.

Sindh Governor Imran Ismail took notice of the incident, whereas K-Electric expressed grief to the family.



Must Watch

Oops, something went wrong.