Diplomatic corps visit LoC to fact-check Indian claims


Entire diplomatic corps LoC Line of Control diplomatic forces Indians
22 Oct, 2019 9:10 am

ISLAMABAD (92 News) – Pakistan on Tuesday took members of the diplomatic corps to the Line of Control (LoC) to fact-check Indian claims of targeting alleged terror launch pads in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK).

India’s top diplomat was not part of the group, refusing Islamabad’s rare invite and lending further credence to Pakistan’s doubts over the veracity of New Delhi’s claims.

It is noteworthy that entire diplomatic corps are taken to LoC to ascertain India’s false accusations against Pakistan.  Invitations have been extended to heads of missions of all embassies in Islamabad to visit Jura, Shahkot and Nousehri sectors along the LoC and observe the ground situation.

“Claims by the Indian Army Chief remain just that ‘claims’ … The Indian side has not joined us in the visit to LoC neither have they provided coordinates of the alleged ‘launchpads’,” Foreign Office (FO) Spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal said in a series of tweets early on Tuesday.

The Indian side has not joined us in the visit to LoC neither have they provided coordinates of the alleged “launchpads”.

FO had extended an invitation to India’s Charge d’

The Foreign Office (FO) had also extended an invitation to India’s Charge d’ Affaires Gaurav Ahluwalia to prove the claim of Indian army’s chief of hitting camps inside Pakistan, however, no official from the Indian High Commission arrived to visit the LoC situation.

Foreign Office Spokesperson Dr Muhammad Faisal further affirmed that India has not provided any information about locations of alleged launch pads which it had claimed of destroying inside Pakistan.

He revealed that the FO had been waiting for a response from the Indian High Commission, and remained silent when it was asked to visit the LoC to verify to accusations against Pakistan.

Indians have no grounds to support their COAS’ false claim: DG ISPR

A day eearlier, DG ISPR Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor has said that Indians have no grounds to support the false claim made by their COAS Bipin Rawat.

In a tweet on Monday, he said that if they (Indians) don’t want to go they have the option to share claimed targeted locations with our Foreign Office.

“We will take foreign diplomats and media tomorrow on those given locations. Let all see facts on ground,” he declared.


Must Watch