Boys killed by police were not dacoits, admits Faisalabad CCPO

10 Aug, 2018 4:40 pm

FAISALABAD (92 News) – Faisalabad CCPO Ashfaq Khan has admitted that the boys killed in alleged encounter were not dacoits.

Talking to the media on Friday, he said that the boys had not opened fire on the police. “Arslan and Usman had no criminal record and both boys were innocent,” he said, adding the incident had occurred at a police picket.

The CCPO said that the inquiry team will present the preliminary report today and the complete report will be presented in a couple of days.

He said that the raids are being conducted to arrest the responsible police officers. “We will arrest all the accused soon,” he said.

In the following barbaric alleged encounter of Matric students in Faisalabad, the first information report (FIR) was lodged against five policemen included ASI on the continuous protest of the bereaved family.

As per details, the higher official of police constituted the inquiry committee comprising the SSP operations, investigation officer and other three police official who have to investigate the matter. The FIR registered against five cops included one ASI but they were not arrested till now.

The statements of eye witnesses including rescue officials and deceased families will be recorded. According to families of the deceased, Usman and Arslan had recently completed secondary school. The former was the son of Head Constable Munawar and had secured 960 out of 1,050 marks in matric examinations. Both deceased did not have any criminal record.

Earlier, two Matric students were killed in an alleged encounter with the Millat Town police here on Wednesday night. According to the police, Arslan Liaqat and Usman Munawar were friends and had been residing in Muslim Town No-3 on Sargodha Road since long.

On Wednesday night, Arslan and Usman were going to a restaurant for dinner when a police party, which was on duty, signaled them to stop at Baghwali Pulli. Arslan and Usman allegedly opened fire on the police, which was retaliated. The two students were seriously injured and shifted to the Allied Hospital where they succumbed to injuries.

The parents of Arslan and Usman along with a large number of residents of the area rushed to the hospital and staged a demonstration in front of its main gate. They also blocked the road by burning tyres. They have demanded immediate arrest of the policemen involved in the incident.




Must Watch