Farishta murder case: SHO Abbas Rana granted interim bail till May 31

Farishta, murder, case, SHO Abbas, interim bail
23 May, 2019 3:48 pm

ISLAMABAD (92 News) – The Farishta murder case took a new turn when the news about the arrest of the Shehzad Town former SHO Muhammad Abbas Rana turned out to be fake.

After registering the case, the police not only deceived the PM Office but also gave him an opportunity to get the interim bail. The former SHO approached a local court and managed to secure the bail.

Additional District and Sessions Judge Zeba Ch granted him the interim bail till May 31. The former SHO has joined the investigations. An accused told people that the SHO was not with him in the lock-up at night, exposing special protocol accorded to the SHO.

The authorities have suspended Medico Legal Officer Dr Abid Shah of Poly Clinic who delayed the autopsy of the victim. Dr Imtiaz has been given the charge in his place. Meanwhile, the judicial inquiry officer has also been removed just after two days. Additional Deputy Commissioner General Waseem Ahmed has been assigned the judicial inquiry. The inquiry officer had to present the report within a week.

On the other hand, politicians continued to visit the house of the victim to express sympathies with the bereaved family.

PTI leader Ali Muhammad Khan visited the victim’s house and condoled with the bereaved family. Speaking on the occasion, he said that it is wrong to give a linguistic colour. He said that such culprits should be hanged publicly.

ANP leader Mian Iftikhar said that they had raised the issue in the name of humanity and did not want to do politics over the issue.

Farishta, a 10-year-old girl, went missing from outside her home in Shahzad Town on May 15. A four-day-old body was recovered on May 20. She was recognized by her father by her clothes. Samples have also been taken for a DNA test to confirm the victim’s identity.

The family registered a missing persons report on May 16, and an FIR was registered four days later on May 19 after the intervention of an MNA, who took up the case with Islamabad Inspector General of Police Mohammad Aamir Zulfikar Khan.

Must Watch