Federal Cabinet ratifies decisions taken by Economic Coordination Committee
ISLAMABAD (92 News) – The Federal Cabinet has approved the appointment of Abdul Majeed Dasti as the Sindh IG.
The decision was made during a meeting chaired by Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi at PM Office, Islamabad on Wednesday.
The Sindh government had sent three names to the federal government for the appointment.
Abdul Majeed Dasti, a BS-22 officer, has served in Sindh and Balochistan.
Meanwhile, the Federal Cabinet offered Fateha for the martyrs of Quetta terrorist incident yesterday.
The cabinet strongly condemned barbaric incident of Kasur and directed that strict action should be taken against the perpetrators of the heinous act.
The Ministry of Energy (Power Division) gave a presentation to the Federal Cabinet on power system constraints for summer 2018 and the requirements for the up-gradation of transmission and distribution system in the country.
Discussing transfer of Pakistan Central Cotton Committee and Cotton related matters from M/o Textile Industry to M/o National Food Security and Research Division, the Federal Cabinet constituted a committee headed by Advisor to PM Sartaj Aziz to assess cotton production pattern in the country and submit its recommendation within two weeks for making an informed decision.
The Federal Cabinet also accorded following approvals:
- The Cabinet approved amendment in Capital Development Authority Ordinance, 1960.
- Ratification of “Protocol between the Government of the Republic of Turkey and the Government of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, regarding the Exchange of Armed Forces Personnel”.
- Approval of Signing Draft MoU between the Department of Archeology and Museums National Museum Rietberg, Zurich Switzerland.
- Ratification of the Decisions Taken by the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) of the Cabinet in its meeting held on 22-12-2017.
- Appointment of Member of National Industrial Relations Commission (NIRC) submitted by Ministry of Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development.
- Appointment of Chief Executive Officer / Managing Director Inter State Gas System Company Limited (ISGSL).
- The Federal Cabinet also approved placing of annual report of the National Economic Council (NEC) for year 2016-17 before both Houses of the Parliament as required by Article 156(5) of the Constitution.