Federal Cabinet ratifies decisions taken by Economic Coordination Committee
ISLAMABAD (92 News) – Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi chaired a meeting of the Federal Cabinet at Prime Minister House on Tuesday.
The meeting ratified the decisions taken by the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) of the cabinet in its meetings held on 17-05-2018 and 24-05-2018. Decisions of the Cabinet Committee on Energy (CCE) taken during its meetings held on 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 14th May, 2018 were also ratified.
The meeting also ratified the decisions of the Cabinet Committee for Disposal of Legislative Cases (CCLC) in its meetings held on 23rd & 24th May.2018. The cabinet approved Memorandum of Agreement between the Ministry of Commerce, Government of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the Department of Trade and Industry Government of the Republic of Philippines on rice trade. The meeting approved the name of Mujeeb Ahmed Khan for appointment as the Chairman, Intellectual Property Organization of Pakistan. Re-Constitution of IPO Policy Board was approved.
The Federal Cabinet also approved:
- Appointment of Raja Qamaruz Zaman, D&SJ, as Judge, Banking Court-II Multan. • Appointment of Muhammad Tanveer Akbar, D&SJ, as Judge, Banking Court-I Lahore.
- Appointment of Muzzamil Shah Khattak, D&SJ, as Judge, Banking Court-II, Peshawar.
- Appointment of Aamer Nazir Bhatti, D&SJ, as Judge, Banking Court, Abbottabad. • Appointment of Arshad Hussain Bhutta as Judge Special Court (Customs, Taxation and Anti-Smuggling) Rawalpindi.
- Appointment of Judicial Member (BS-21) Customs Appellate Tribunal, Bench-II and Bench-III, Karachi Appointment of four Members on the Board of Governors of Hydrocarbon Development Institute of Pakistan was approved.
The meeting approved expansion and appointments to the Board of Governors of Overseas Pakistanis Foundation (OPF).
The Federal Cabinet approved issuance of Charter License, Class-II (Domestic) to K-2 Airways (Pvt) Ltd. Following policies were also approved during the meeting;
- National Internal Security Policy 2018-2023.
- National Transport Policy of Pakistan, 2018.
- National Films Policy
- National Culture Policy Discussing the issue of Cane Purchase Receipt (CPR), the meeting emphasized the need for streamlining the payment mechanism to the farmers and suggested that the provincial governments may ensure that instead of being issued CPRs or blank paper receipts, bank cheques should be issued to the farmers by the sugar mills.
The meeting approved a proposal for transfer of the subjects of Boy Scouts and Girl Guides, Youth Activities and Movements and Scholarship Schemes from Ministry of Inter-Provincial Coordination to the Ministry of Federal Education & Professional Training. Appointment of MD NESPAK and the Board of Directors of National Security Printing Corporation of Pakistan (NSPC) was approved by the cabinet.
Appointment of DG Civil Aviation Authority, on acting charge basis, was also approved. The cabinet approved reconstitution of the 8th Wage Board for Newspapers Employees by appointing two additional members on the Board. A proposal for reconstitution of the Board for Board of Investment was also approved Amendment in the rules of Acceding States (Abolition of Privy Purses and Privileges) Order, 1972 (President’s Order No. 15 of 1972)- Enhancement of Maintenance Allowance was approved.
The Federal Cabinet also approved Cancer Control Programme formulated by Ministry of National Health Services Regulation and Coordination.