Federal Cabinet unanimously endorses NSC stance on American threats
January 3, 2018
ISLAMABAD (92 News) – Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi chaired a meeting of the Federal Cabinet today at PM Office Islamabad. At the outset, the foreign minister briefed the cabinet regarding the background of the recent statements of the American leadership and the discussion held during the 17th meeting of the National Security Committee (NSC) of the cabinet held yesterday. The Federal Cabinet unanimously endorsed the stance of National Security Committee of the Cabinet, which in its 17th meeting on 2nd January, 2018 expressed deep disappointment over recent statements of the American leadership. The cabinet viewed that the American statements are detrimental to the bilateral relationship between Pakistan and the US, a relationship that has developed over generations. Pakistan has rendered huge sacrifices, both in terms of loss of precious human lives and substantial damage to the economy. Achievements made by Pakistan in curbing the menace of terrorism have been acknowledged throughout the world, reiterated the cabinet. The cabinet considered a proposal for granting extension in the Proof of Registration (POR) Cards and Tripartite Agreement (Pakistan – Afghanistan – UNHCR) for Afghan Refugees beyond December 31, 2017. After detailed discussion, the cabinet agreed to grant only 30 days extension for POR and also decided that the issue of early repatriation of Afghan Refugees shall be raised with UNHCR and with the international community. Pakistan’s economy has carried the burden of hosting Afghan Refugees since long and in the present circumstances cannot sustain it further, emphasized the cabinet. The cabinet accorded approval for publication of Block Level Provisional results of Census 2017. The agenda item of approval of Maximum Retail Prices (MRPs) of Additional Pack Sizes of already registered Drugs, approval of increase in Maximum Retail Prices of Drugs under Para 8 of the Drug Pricing Policy-2015 and Threshold Limits of Lower Priced Drugs under para 11 of the Drug Pricing Policy-2015 were discussed at length and the Cabinet accorded approval as per Drug Pricing Policy 2015. Following approvals were also accorded by the Federal Cabinet:-
- Placement of “Institute for Arts and Culture Bill, 2017” before the Parliament.
- Permission to allow transit of 01x40 Feet Container STC containing 51 Package of Spare Parts for Vehicles of United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) from Karachi to Kabul.
- Signing of MoU on Bilateral Consultations between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the Portuguese Republic.
- Signing of Memorandum of Intent (MOI) between Pakistan Stone Development Company (PASDEC) Pakistan and Confindustria Marmomacchine of Italy for Cooperation in Stone Sector.
- Signing of MoU between Ministry of Defence of the Arab Republic of Egypt and Ministry of Defence of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan on the field of Defence.
- Ratification of ‘Agreement on Military, Technical, Science and Education Cooperation between the Government of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the Government of Bosnia & Herzegovina’.
- Execution of Gas Development Schemes during the Present Government.
- Ratification of Recommendations of Cabinet Committee for Disposal of Legislative Cases (CCLC) in respect of Gas Infrastructure Development Cess (Amendment) Bill, 2017.