Five killed, 27 injured in Lahore suicide attack
LAHORE (92 News) – Five people were killed and 27 others injured in a suicide attack outside Police Lines, Qila Gujjar Singh on Tuesday.
Talking to the media, IGP Punjab Mushtaq Sukhera said that 5-8 kilograms of explosive material had been used in the attack. “We had information about the attacks in several cities of Punjab.
The intelligence agencies had issued a red alert, asking the security institutions to increase security at sensitive buildings, including private schools. After the attack, the police cordoned off the area. Meanwhile, emergency has been declared in hospitals. Intelligence agencies had warned of such possible attack through a letter 2836.
Meanwhile, President Mamnoon Hussain and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif have strongly condemned the Lahore suicide attack. In a statement, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif said that terrorists could not undermine their resolve through such cowardly acts. He asked the Punjab government to submit him a report about the attack.
Islamic State in Syria abducts at least 90 from Christian villages: monitor
Russia, Greece to discuss EU sanctions, economy in Moscow
Heavy snowfall covers parts of country, Margalla Hills receive snowfall after 3 years
Australia clinches series by beating Pakistan in 4th ODI
Kashmiris protest Indian police barbarism amid Modi's visit in The Hague
Newly-elected Senate chairman, deputy chairman meet Bilawal Bhutto Zardari
Israeli forces martyr 55 in Gaza protests as anger mounts over US Embassy
PM approves new tax amnesty scheme