Foreign Office condemns drone strike in NWA; calls for end to drone strikes
ISLAMABAD (92 News) – The Foreign Office on Monday condemned a US drone strike that killed six people claimed to be terrorists in North Waziristan two days ago.
Reiterating its stance that such attacks are a violation of the country’s sovereignty and territorial integrity, the foreign office said: “A drone strike on May 16, 2015 resulted in a number of casualties in the Mana area of North Waziristan Agency.”
“These (strikes) generate distrust among the local populace at a time when Operation Zarb-e-Azb is moving ahead decisively and the focus of the government is shifting towards rehabilitation of the civilian population. We reiterate our call for a cessation of such strikes,” the Foreign Office said in the statement.
Earlier last week, a US drone fired two missiles on a house in Shawal area of NWA killing at least five people whose identities could not be ascertained.