Goods worth millions of rupees gutted as fire engulfs building in Anarkali
LAHORE (92 News) – Goods worth millions of rupees were reduced to ashes when fire erupted in a four-storey building in Anarkali Bazar in the wee hours of Saturday.
The incident is said to be a result of short-circuiting. Fire fighters extinguished fire after hectic efforts for 10 hours.
The fire fighters faced difficulties due to entangled wires in the area.
Lord Mayor Col (retd) Mubashar Javed, CCPO Amin Vains and DCO Sameer Syed visited the building and supervised the rescue operation.
Lord Mayor Col (retd) Mubashar Javed asked the traders to shift their godowns out of the city.