Govt launches anti-encroachment drive across Punjab

02 Oct, 2018 2:31 pm

LAHORE (92 News) – The provincial government on Tuesday has launched a grand operation of anti-encroachment across Punjab.

As per details, the Lahore Development Authority (LDA), Walled City of Lahore Authority (WCLA) and anti-encroachment squad including other allied departments have kicked off a massive anti-encroachment operation across Lahore.

The allied teams started operation in Lahore and destroyed the buildings in different areas which were constructed illegally. The LDA smashed Johar Town defamed alleged land grabber Mansha Bomb’s market and other encroachment attached with the market. The administration also vacated the land and demolished encroachment of Mansha Bomb on PIA road in Lahore.

On the occasion, LDA Director General Amna Imran Khan said that the anti-encroachment drive will be continued against land grabbers without any political interference. The operation is also being launched in Anarkali, Sabzazar truck stand, Willingdon Road and Urdu Bazaar.

During the grand operation, the citizens protested and said that they were not informed about to destroy the shops. However, the operations of anti-encroachment are also being launched in Gujranwala, Faisalabad, Sialkot and Multan including other cities of Punjab.


In the operation, LDA is going to retrieve more than 31000 kanal state land, 280 acres land of the forest department, eight plots in the Walled City, 636 kanal land of LDA, and 32 plots worth Rs2 billion of the Metropolitan Corporation Lahore (MCL).

Earlier in a meeting last month, Chief Minister Usman Buzdar had announced to launch the operation to retrieve the state land from mafia.

Rescue 1122 vehicle and Fire Brigade departments were also directed to be present on the spot along with police officials to avoid any untoward incident, the DC added.




Latest Videos