ICC announces review of 2014 restructuring by “Big Three”

04 Feb, 2016 6:25 pm

DUBAI (92 News) – The ICC has announced it will carry out a complete constitutional review of the changes brought about by the “Big Three” takeover in 2014. Moves have already begun to dismantle the system of governance proposed by the BCCI, ECB and CA two years ago, with confirmation of the expected change to make the ICC chairman an independent position, said a press release issued by the ICC.

The outcomes from the ICC board meeting on Wednesday also included removing permanent positions for India, England and Australia on the Executive Committee and the Financial & Commercial Affairs Committee – the ICC’s two most powerful forums.

In a statement, the ICC said the board had “agreed to carry out a complete review of the 2014 resolutions and constitutional changes with a view to establishing governance, finance, corporate and cricketing structures that are appropriate and effective for the strategic role and function of the ICC and all of its members”.


Shashank Manohar, the BCCI president who is also currently serving as ICC chairman, signalled his intention to roll back the changes overseen by his predecessor N Srinivasan in an interview last year, when he referred to “the three major countries bullying the ICC”. Manohar will now head the five-man steering group set up to conduct the review, with an aim of putting forward recommendations at the ICC’s annual conference in June.




Latest Videos