Targeting Jeddah, Taif is act of blatant aggression: Imam-e-Kaaba


Taif Jeddah blantant aggression Houthi rebel saudi arabia imam-e-makkah
21 May, 2019 8:43 pm

SAUDI ARABIA (AFP) – Imam-e-Kaaba, Sheikh Dr Abdul Rahman ibn Abdul Aziz Al Sudais, has denounced the targeting of Jeddah and Taif with ballistic missiles, terming it an act of blatant aggression carried out by a body with no principle or religion.

“These hostile acts are issued by a body with no principle or a religion. It is a blatant and flagrant aggression,” said Sheikh Abdurrahman Al Sudais, who is also the head of the Two Holy Mosques in Saudi Arabia.

The Imam-e-Kaaba strongly condemned the targeting of Jeddah and Taif, stressing that the hostilities were carried out by a body with no faith in the holy month of Ramzan.

He praised the brave Saudi air defence forces that managed to monitor hostile targets soaring over prohibited areas in Jeddah and Taif and destroy them.

The Imam-e-Kaaba lauded the high efficiency, readiness, anticipation and vigilance of the Saudi forces that defended the homeland and citizens together with safeguarding the Kingdom’s sanctity. He also praised the great capabilities of the air defence forces to destroy any aggression jeopardising the peace and security of the Kingdom.

He added that the success of the Royal Air Defense Forces in dealing with any hostilities sends a clear message to those who might be tempted to commit heinous crimes against the Kingdom.

In conclusion, the Imam-i-Kaaba prayed to Almighty Allah to keep his country in a high position and protect Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz, and Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman together with perpetuating peace and security all over the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Saudi media accuses Yemen rebels of missile fire

On Tuesday, Saudi-owned media accused Yemeni rebels of targeting Islam’s holiest city Makkah after Riyadh and its allies said they had intercepted two missiles over the kingdom.

The exiled Yemeni government, which is based in Saudi Arabia, echoed the claim but the Houthi rebels denied any such attack.

Coalition spokesman Colonel Turki al-Maliki said two missiles were shot down between Jeddah and Taiz districts of Makkah province on Monday but did not elaborate on the suspected target or who fired them.

However both satellite news network Al-Arabiya and pan-Arab newspaper Asharq al-Awsat said the missiles were fired by Yemen’s Houthi rebels.

They said it was the third such launch by the Houthis targeting the holy city since the Saudi-led coalition intervened in the war in Yemen in March 2015.

The Houthis denied any such missile fire, adding that they would have claimed responsibility if they had been behind a launch.

“We wouldn’t be embarrassed to claim any operation to defend our people and land,” a rebel spokesperson said in a tweet.

The exiled Yemeni government´s information minister, Muammar al-Iryani, said: “The Houthi militias targeted Makkah,” adding that the “terrorist crime” was carried out “on orders from Iran”.

The claim comes against a backdrop of rising regional tensions between Iran and Gulf Arab countries allied with the United States.

Saudi Arabia is to host twin summits in Makkah next week of the Arab League and of the six-nation Gulf Cooperation Council, which has been divided by a boycott of Qatar by Saudi Arabia and its allies.



Must Watch

Oops, something went wrong.