India loses opportunity to get consular access to Kulbhushan: Sources
ISLAMABAD (92 News) – Showing usual stubbornness, India lost opportunity to get consular access to Kulbhushan Jadhav, an Indian spy, on Friday as it raised questions over Pakistan’s offer and imposed self-created conditions.
Pakistan had earlier made it clear that the meeting would be held on Friday at 3pm but India sent its response to Pakistan two hours prior the meeting.
In response to Pakistan’s sincere offer, India has asked Pakistan to grant consular access to Jadhav in private and without any hassle and fear.
On August 1, Pakistan had offered the access to India in the light of International Court of Justice (ICJ)’s ruling.
India confirmed Pakistan’s offer and sent conditional reply.
Diplomatic sources told 92 News that India had asked Pakistan to grant consular access in private and without any hassle.
Sources further said a reply would be given to India after detailed deliberations. It would also be decided whether or not to announce new date for consular access.
According to analysts, Pakistan has wholeheartedly implemented on the ICJ’s decision as per the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations of 1963 and India would be losing an important opportunity if it rejects Pakistan’s offer.