India won’t release proof of surgical strike

10 Oct, 2016 10:23 am

NEW DELHI (92 News) – Seeking to defuse the ongoing debate on whether it would or should release evidence of ‘surgical strike’, India has on Monday said that it will not release any proof of the army’s surgical strikes.

Indian media quoted top political and military leaders as saying “New Delhi believes releasing footage of the operation inside Pakistan will only escalate the tension between the two-nuclear-armed neighbors and could lead to a war-like situation.”

The Indian media further claimed that New Delhi feels releasing footage of the raid could undermine India’s successful diplomatic efforts to isolate Pakistan because the “proof” could be construed as evidence of “wrong-doing” on India’s part.

Earlier, Earlier, Indian Director General Military Operations (DGMO) Lieutenant-General Ranbir Singh claimed that the Indian army conducted surgical strikes on the Line of Control (LoC) inflicting significant damage across the border.


Addressing a press conference, Indian DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh said that Pakistan had been informed about the strikes and that India has no intention of continuing the operations but is ready for any reaction from the Pakistan.

The announcement of the strikes came after a meeting of the Indian cabinet committee on Security led by PM Modi.




Latest Videos