Indian Army gives green signal for release of video of surgical strike
NEW DELHI (92 News) – Indian media has on Wednesday claimed that the country’s armed forces have given the green signal to the government to release the video footage of the surgical strikes but also left the final decision with the Indian Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
This recommendation was made opposition politicians in India, including Aam Aadmi Party’s Arvind Kejriwal and Congress’ Sanjay Nirupam, have asked for ‘proof ’of the strikes.
Earlier, Indian Director General Military Operations (DGMO) Lieutenant-General Ranbir Singh claimed that the Indian army conducted surgical strikes on the Line of Control (LoC) inflicting significant damage across the border.
Addressing a press conference, Indian DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh said that Pakistan had been informed about the strikes and that India has no intention of continuing the operations but is ready for any reaction from the Pakistan. The announcement of the strikes came after a meeting of the Indian cabinet committee on Security led by PM Modi.
Previously, Pakistan rejected Indian claim of surgical strikes across the Line of Control (LoC), saying no such strikes took place and India is just trying to mislead by dubbing exchange of fire as surgical strikes.
It said India started unprovoked firing which was effectively responded to by Pakistani troops.
The notion of surgical strike linked to alleged terrorists bases is an illusion being deliberately generated by Indian to create false effects. This quest by Indian establishment to create media hype by rebranding cross border fire as surgical strike is fabrication of truth.
Pakistan has made it clear that if there is a surgical strike on Pakistani soil, same will be strongly responded.