Indo-Pak Foreign Secretary level talks not cancelled: Ajit Doval
NEW DELHI (92 News) – India National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit Doval has on Monday flatly refused Indian media reports, where he stated that the upcoming Indo-Pak Foreign Secretary level talks have been cancelled following the terrorist attack at Pathankot Air Base.
“I speak to journalists every day. But I do not remember giving any such interview. I strongly deny that I made such a statement,” Doval said. However, the online version of the Indian daily newspaper carried out an interview with Doval.
“We have cancelled the Foreign Secretary-level talks scheduled to take place in Lahore on January 15. Before talks, we want Pakistan to take clamp down on terror,” Ajit Doval added.
Doval said that he had not spoken about cancelling the Foreign Secretary-level talks and that the dates for the talks haven’t been fixed yet. Pakistan had last week said that Foreign Secretary-level talks with India were “intact” and it was following the leads provided by New Delhi.