K-Electric to bear loss of boys whose hands amputated: Imran Ismail

03 Sep, 2018 2:55 pm

ISLAMABAD (92 News) – Sindh Governor Imran Ismail on Monday said that the K-Electric will have to take the responsibility for the treatment and welfares of the two young boys whose hands were amputated by the negligence of their staff.

The Sindh governor reached at hospital in the caravan of three vehicles and visited the burns ward at Civil Hospital, Karachi on Monday where the two boys are admitted. Both boys lost their hands after K-Electric’s high-tension wires fell on them in different parts of the city.

Imran Ismail inquired the health of minor children Umar and Haris, whose hands were amputated. He assured the parents of children that every possible effort will be provided for cooperating with them.

Imran Ismail said that KE earned billions but would back out from compensating for the loss of those affected by their negligence. Ismail said strict action will be taken against the electricity provider. He said that one of the boys said he wants to become the army chief.

“I don’t know whether K-Electric’s negligence is at fault or not, but I do know that K-Electric is responsible for the accidents that claimed these children’s hands,” he said.

The governor said that there will be action taken against those responsible, adding that the people responsible will not be allowed to walk away free after these children’s hands were amputated.


Umar was electrocuted while playing in the street on the third day of Eidul Azha.

The eight-year old boy, Muhammad Umar, was critically injured after a high tension wire fell on his left arm in Ahsanabad, a town adjacent to Gulshan-e-Maymar on August 24. Both arms of Umar an eight-year-old boy had to be amputated after a high-tension wire of K-Electric fell on him outside his home on the third day of Eidul Azha.

Eleven-year-old Haris, a resident of Surjani Town, slipped and fell from the second floor of a madrassa. According to reports, he tried to lessen the impact of his fall by holding on to a low-hanging high tension wire, which electrocuted him. Both of his arms were badly burnt as a result, and had to be amputated.




Latest Videos