Karan Johar not to cast Pakistani actors in future
MUMBAI (92 News) – Indian director Karan Johar finally spoke over the controversy regarding his upcoming film ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ on Tuesday
In a video message, Karan Johan said, “There were efforts made by our government for peaceful relationship with our neighboring country and I respected those endeavors then and I respect the sentiments today,” he said.
The director condemned terrorism and also declared that he wouldn’t work with Pakistani actors in future given the current political atmosphere in the country.
“Going forward I would like to say that of course I will not engage with talent from the neighboring country given the circumstance,” he said.
The director appealed for smooth screening and added that “over 300 Indians in my crew have put their blood, sweat and tears into my film and I don’t think it is fair to them to face any kind of turbulence from other fellow Indians.”
“I have remained silent because of the deep sense of hurt and a deep sense of pain I felt, that a few people actually believe that I am anti-national,” Karan Johar further said.
An association of Indian cinemas had earlier said that they would not screen any films featuring Pakistani artists after tensions between the two neighbors increased.