Naqeebullah Killing: SSP Rao Anwar removed from post
KARACHI (92 News) – Malir SSP Rao Anwar has been removed from his post after the investigating committee formed to probe the extrajudicial killing of Naqeebullah Mehsud found the 27-year-old to be innocent on Saturday.
Sindh Inspector General of Police (IGP) AD Khajawa took the decision of removing Rao Anwar after the probe committee recommended his removal.
AD Khawaja said that investigation will be carried out on merit.
SSP Investigation Malik Altaf has also been removed from his post.
Earlier, the probe committee termed SSP Rao Anwar’s allegations against Naqeebullah baseless and stated that there was no proof found of Naqeebullah being a terrorist.
The committee had recorded the statements of 19 officials of the Shah Latif police. The officials, in their statements, stated that the Shah Latif SHO had ordered them to reach the site of the incident. “The terrorists had been killed when we reached the place. We did not make the entry in haste,” he said. Moreover, seven officials apprised the high-ranking officials of the facts.
The committee has also decided to investigate the close aides of Rao Anwaar.
Meanwhile, the people strongly protested against the murder of Naqeebullah in Sohrab Goth. The protesters attacked the Sohran Goth police station. In retaliation, the police resorted to aerial firing and shelling.
They gave the ultimatum of Sunday to take action against Rao Anwaar and establish the Judicial Commission.