Nashwa case: Darul Sehat Hospital owner flee after court rejects bail

nashwa case darul sehat darul sehat hospital court owner
07 May, 2019 4:16 pm

KARACHI (92 News) – Darul Sehat Hospital owner Amir Chishti and vice-chairperson Syed Ali Farhan escaped from court on Tuesday after their bail applications in the Nashwa death case were dismissed by an additional district and sessions court in Karachi.

Judicial staff and other witnesses said Chishti and Farhan left the courtroom soon after the judge announced the verdict, dismissing their applications seeking pre-arrest bail. Both of them had approached the court to seek bail in an attempt to avoid their arrest in the case.

“They easily escaped from arrest since the Investigating Officer (IO) of the case Sub-Inspector Mohammad Saleem Khan, who was also present in the court, did not make any attempt to take them into custody,” alleged Advocate Muneer Ahmed Gilal, the counsel for the deceased child’s father.

It is pertinent to mention here that Nine-month-old Nashwa was allegedly given improper treatment at the Darul Sehat Hospital on April 7 that paralysed her and led to her death.

During the hearing, the defence lawyers argued that the managements were not discussed in the FIR. He also said that both the servants, who committed negligence, were removed from their jobs, adding that the investigation officer added 302 act in their case.

Earlier on April 14, a nine-month-old girl was paralysed allegedly after being administered a ‘wrong injection’ at Darul Sehat Hospital situated in Karachi’s Gulistan-e-Jauhar area on Sunday.According to the reports, the sorrowful incident was reported from Darul Sehat Hospital where alleged negligence of hospital staff has paralysed the minor girl who was given ‘wrong injection’.

Qaiser, father of the girl, alleged that her daughter Nishwa was paralysed due to ‘wrong injection’ given to her by the ‘untrained nursing staff’.
Her father said that he brought his twin daughters to the hospital for treatment of diarrhoea. He added her daughters were injected three drips on different timings. The father said that condition of one of his daughters Nishwa was worsened just after the family prepared to leave for home.

“An on-duty doctor told me that condition of my daughter would be better till morning if I leave her for one night. A nursing staff member, Moiz, came in and administered a drip.”

He claimed, “The injection which needs 24 hours to be dissolved into the body was administered once that worsened my daughter’s condition and her lips went yellow.”

Qaiser said that the hospital staff had confirmed that the girl’s condition was aggravated after injecting of the wrong injection.

“My daughter was kept on the ventilator for next one week at the hospital and she was paralysed when doctors removed her from the vent machine,” he added.

The father said that he has registered a case against the hospital staff and administration. He revealed that Moiz was actually employed only to clean patients’ beds and setting positions of admitted patients but the overall negligence showed by the doctors, paramedics and administration has paralysed her beloved daughter.

Must Watch