Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Urdu Web Newspaper 92news Live(UK) 92news Live(PK)
Urdu Web Newspaper
92news Live(UK) 92news Live(PK)

Normal life remain paralyze as curfew enters 108th day in IOK

Normal life remain paralyze as curfew enters 108th day in IOK
October 24, 2016 11:03 am

SRINAGAR (92 News) – Normal life remained paralyzed for the 108th consecutive day in the Kashmir Valley due to curfew, restrictions and strike. Meanwhile, normal life continued to remain affected in Kashmir for the 108th straight day on Monday. Shops, petrol pumps and other business establishments remained shut, while public transport remained off the roads. Schools, colleges and other educational institutions also continued to remain closed across the Valley. Curbs on the movement of people across the Valley have been imposed by the puppet forces of India. Clashes broke out yesterday (Sunday) in Maisuma for the first time during the current uprising when protesters demanded medical aid for incarcerated Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Yasin Malik who has been detained in Central Jail Srinagar. Dozens of women and men staged a protest in Maisuma locality of Srinagar to demand medical aid to the ailing leader. Witnesses said that police chased away the protesters and detained some to break up the protesters. At least 15 persons including a 12 years old boy was injured after government forces resorted to tear-smoke and pellet shelling in Palhalan Pattan area of North Kashmir’s Baramulla district. Eyewitnesses said that shortly after the culmination of pro-freedom rally government forces reached on spot and in a bid to disperse the people fired pellets and tear-smoke shells. Witnesses added that 15 people suffered pellet injuries who were taken to Sub-District Hospital Pattan. Six of the injured including a 12 year old boy were referred to SMHS Hospital Srinagar. Clashes between the government forces and protesters erupted in a Shopian village in south Kashmir on Saturday. With more than 100 days-long unrest showing no signs of ending, Indian authorities warned people against venturing out in the night and have also instructed shops and businesses to remain shut. Previously, in occupied Kashmir, six civilians including a boy were killed and several others injured due to the firing of Indian forces on peaceful protesters in Srinagar, Budgam and Islamabad districts. Five protesters were killed after security forces fired on protesters in Beerwah area of Budgam district. Another youth from Anantnag district of South Kashmir died during clashes with the security forces today. Dozens of people have been injured in the protests. The Valley is on a boil following the killing of Burhan Wani on July 8. More than 100 innocent Kashmiris have been killed and thousands others have been injured in the clashes that began on July 9. Besides killing of more than 100 people, over 8,000 people have been injured so far due to the firing of pellets, bullets and teargas shells by Indian troops and police personnel on peaceful protesters across the Kashmir Valley.

Contact Details