Pakistan shares its initial findings with India on Pulwama dossier
ISLAMABAD (92 News) – Pakistan on Wednesday shared its initial findings with the Indian government on the dossier handed over by New Delhi on the Pulwama incident.
Pulwama attack was happened in Indian-held Jammu Kashmir (IHK), which had left 44 Indian paramilitary soldiers dead last month.
A statement issued by the Foreign Office (FO) said that the government has shared preliminary findings with the Indian government after examining the Indian report on Pulwama incident.
The findings were shared through the Indian high commissioner in Islamabad, who was summoned to the Foreign Office by Pakistan’s Foreign Secretary Tehmina Janjua.
Prime Minister Imran Khan had earlier offered cooperation in investigation of Pulwama attack, if actionable intelligence was provided by New Delhi.
In response to the offer, a paper was handed over to Pakistan on February 27.
“Pakistan has acted with a high sense of responsibility and extended full cooperation,” the Foreign Office further said in its statement. “We do so in the interest of regional peace and security,” it added.
The statement, however, said that Pakistan had sought further information or evidence from India to take the process forward.
Received a dossier from India regarding Pulwama incident: FO
Foreign office Spokesperson Dr Muhammad Faisal confirmed that a dossier was received from India and action will be taken on any actionable intelligence if found there in the dossier regarding the Pulwama incident as it has been assured by Pakistan.
During the weekly briefing on Thursday, he reiterated that Pakistan is ready for dialogues with India on all issues, including terrorism. He said that the Kashmir issue is the core one and will always be integral to any such dialogues.
About the escalation of tensions between India and Pakistan, he said: “We have activated the UN Military Observer Group for India and Pakistan and the Group will be taken for a visit to the site where the Indian jets were shot down.”
Responding to a question about the statements issued by different countries regarding Indian aggression, Dr Faisal said they had apprised the international community that even if there is any terrorist outfit to be acted against, there is nothing in international law that allows for such territorial aggression.
The spokesperson added that any such attack without evidence under the pretext of terrorism is akin to moving towards chaos. “Our desire for peace should not be taken for weakness.”
He said that Pakistan has comprehensively acted to root out terrorism from its soil under the National Action Plan.
Dr Muhammad Faisal said that there are voices within India that the policies of Prime Minister Narendra Modi are pushing the entire region into destruction.
He said Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has made it clear that he will not attend the OIC Council of Foreign Ministers’ session in Abu Dhabi on Friday.