Parents forgive suspects in Karachi food poisoning case
KARACHI (92 News) – The parents of the two children – who died on November 11 after eating contaminated food at a restaurant in Karachi’s Clifton – have forgiven the restaurant owner.
During the hearing, the parents informed the Sindh High Court that they had forgiven those responsible and didn’t want to pursue further legal action against the suspects.
The hearing was for an extension in the bail granted to the owner of Arizona Grill, Nadeem Mumtaz Raja. The children’s father, Mohammad Ahsan, verbally informed the court of the decision but was told to inform the trial court hearing the case. The Sindh High Court is just hearing the bail plea.
The lawyer apprised that a compromise has been done between the respondents of the case. However, the high court ordered to present copies of the understanding to the trial court.
On Nov 11 last year, two children died after consuming contaminated food at a restaurant in Karachi’s Clifton.
Ahsan, father of the children, said that the kids had taken food in the restaurant and the play land. “Children had already taken food from the same restaurant several times,” he said.
Meanwhile, no mark of torture was found on the body the children during the autopsy.
The additional police surgeon said that the chemical examine report will play a key role in the investigation. The medical report confirmed that the children died after eating contaminated meat at the restaurant. E Coli was found in the meat and also caused the children’s deaths.
On Nov 14, the police have registered the case of death of two children due to contaminated food on the complaint of their father.
The case was registered in the presence of the SSP Investigation and ASP Clifton.
Relatives of the victims said that they are satisfied with the police investigation. The police said that they are waiting for the chemical examine report.
On the other hand, the Sindh Food Authority foiled an attempt to shift two maunds of rotten meat and soft drink bottles from the sealed hotel.
Sindh Food Authority Director Ibrar Sheikh said that they had caught the accused red-handed during secret surveillance.