People’s Liberation Army is one of the best armies in world, says COAS General Raheel Sharif
RAWALPINDI (92 News) – COAS General Raheel Sharif congratulated Chinese people and army for sacrifices in pursuing their dreams.
Speaking at the Chinese Army’s 88th anniversary on Friday, he said that their all weather friendship – sweeter than honey, higher than Himalaya, deeper than ocean – will further grow in these testing times.
“Recent strides are holistic concept of China Pakistan Economic Corridor and speak volumes of it. We will see both nations progressing and further enhancing our geo-strategic locations,” the COAS maintained.
COAS Speech at 88th Anniversary of the Founding of PLA
His Excellency Mr Sun Weidong!
Ambassador of the People’s Republic of China
Major General Qi Huajun!
Military, Naval & Air Attaché of the People’s Republic of China
Ladies and Gentlemen!
- It is a unique honour and privilege to talk to such an august gathering while commemorating the 88th Anniversary of the Founding of Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA). Please accept Pakistan Army’s heartiest felicitations.
- This occasion also brings to the fore, tremendous sacrifices made by the brave people of China in pursuing their dream through a united and unyielding struggle, which has certainly set a glorious precedent to follow.
- It goes without saying, how deep and resolute are the relations between Pakistan and China. China-Pakistan all-weather friendship and all-round cooperation is based on trust and mutual support, and we have been devoted friends through both good and hard times. Undoubtedly, our relationship is sweeter than the honey, higher than the Himalayas and deeper than the oceans.
- Rest of the world takes this relationship as iconic, and both nations are indeed proud of it.
- Our cultural lineage goes way back in history and that is why we are able to have a better understanding of each other’s perspective. We have a shared destiny and a common vision which bond us together.
- We have always been standing together in adversity, and our relations in these testing times will be no different. China-Pakistan an all-weather strategic cooperative partnership will further elevate in these testing times
- The recent strides in our relationship, especially regarding the holistic concept of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor speaks volumes about the constructive engagement that we seek with each other.
- There is no doubt that actualization of this concept will see both our nations progressing even further and maximizing the dividend of our geo-strategic location as well as our time tested friendship.
- Our cooperation in this regard has the capacity to benefit the entire region. We hope that the region, and the rest of the world, looks at the CPEC through the same lens.
- I am satisfied with the pace of work already in full gear, as I have personally visited the sites. I am sure it will be completed within the stipulated time.
- I have said it before and I reiterate our firm resolve that any attempt to obstruct or impede this project will be thwarted, at all costs.
- His Excellency, your enemy is our enemy and our cooperation with China in eliminating ETIM is a manifestation of our resolve
- Apart from this, the regional stability efforts of both our countries, especially seen in the context of Afghanistan, will have lasting effects in the region. Our efforts are likely to squeeze the space for the States and Non State Actors who intend seeing a destabilized and inimical Afghanistan.
- We are satisfied with the rounds of talks held so far and we hope that a positive outcome would help bring stability in the region.
- Regarding military-to-military relationship, Pakistan Army and PLA form the edifice of our overall strategic relations.
- With singleness of purpose, we will definitely defeat the nefarious designs of forces detrimental to us.
- PLA stands today as one of the best armies of the world and we are proud to be your brothers in arms.
- I once again congratulate the brave soldiers of PLA on this auspicious occasion and on behalf of Pakistan Army wish the best for future.