Pervaiz Musharraf threatened ex-PM Benazir Bhutto on phone: Mark Seigel

01 Oct, 2015 9:09 pm

RAWALPINDI (92 News) – Former president Pervaiz Musharraf had threatened former prime minister Benazir Bhutto on phone and she was worried after the phone call.

This was stated by American journalist and key witness Mark Seigel, while recording his statement through a video link in an anti-terrorism court on Thursday.

He said that Benazir Bhutto had sent him an e-mail through her personal account on October 26, 2007. He stated that an attested copy of the e-mail had been provided to the JIT. “The subject of the e-mail was Most Urgent Statement.”

Mark Seigel said that she had sent the same e-mail to Woolf Blair, a reliable journalist of CNN, after five hours and its reply was received after three hours.

He disclosed that a Gulf secret agency had informed Benazir Bhutto that planning was being made to murder her. “The Gulf agency told that they had received this information by tracing a telephone call.”

The key witness said that Benazir Bhutto had apprised Pervez Musharraf of the information of Gulf agency through a letter. He said that she was worried when her well-being was inquired after the Karsaz tragedy.


He disclosed that Benazir had informed him that she felt herself very unsafe. “Before the Karsaz tragedy, some people were talking on phone on the truck. It was known through the telephone calls that jammers were not working,” he stated.

On the other hand, counsels for Pervaiz Musharraf have objected to the impartiality of Mark Seigel.

 




Latest Videos