Plane crash preliminary report to be made public by June 22: minister
LAHORE (92 News) – Minister for Aviation Ghulam Sarwar Khan has said that the preliminary report of the plane crash will be made public by June 22.
Addressing a press conference on Thursday, he said that information about data and voice box would also be received in a week. “The nation is saddened over the tragedy. Of 97 people, bodies of three victims have yet not been identified,” he said.
The minister said that the prime minister had directed the cabinet members to condole with the bereaved families. “A four-member board is conducting an inquiry into the matter,” he said.
He said that the voice data box had been recovered. “A French team has also inspected the crash site and taken away both boxes,” he added.
Minister for Aviation Ghulam Sarwar Khan said that they were trying to complete the impartial inquiry into the matter. “An amount of Rs one million has been handed over to the families of each victim. The insurance amount will be paid in three-four months,” he said.
He said that losses of citizens and injured would be compensated. “The affected families have been accommodated in hotels. Free board and lodging will be provided to the relatives of the martyrs,” he said.
The minister said that the government had started flights for the US and stranded Pakistanis would be brought back. “As many as 34,000 Pakistanis have been brought back. The PIA operation will continue till June 10. The decision on the flight operation will be made in a joint meeting of the National Coordination Committee,” he said.
To a question about his resignation, Ghulam Sarwar Khan said that no decision could be made until the inquiry report. “The fault could not be pointed out so far. The pilot had 25-year experience and had no mistake record. There are only rumours,” he said.