11 injured as second blast in three days jolts Quetta

11 Aug, 2016 11:23 am

QUETTA (92 News) – A bomb blast in the provincial capital’s Zarghon Road has left 11 people injured, including four policemen, in the latest in a string of attacks in Balochistan’s biggest city.

The blast occurred at Zarghon Road as the bomb was planted alongside the road and exploded with a bang, injuring several people.

Balochistan Chief Minister Sanaullah Khan Zehri has condemned the blast.

After being informed, security forces and rescue staff reached the spot. The injured people were shifted to nearby hospital, while the security forces cordoned off the area.

Balochistan Home Minister Safaraz Bugti said that it was a remote control device with 3-4kgs of explosives. “These kinds of cowardly acts will not reduce our morale,” he added.

 

Qta blast

 


Previously, a suicide bomb attack killed at least 70 people at a hospital in Quetta on Monday. About 120 others were injured in the blast, which happened at the entrance to the emergency department where the body of a prominent lawyer shot dead earlier on Monday was being brought.

The casualties included lawyers and journalists accompanying the body of Bilal Anwar Kasi.

Jamaat-ul-Ahrar, a faction of the Pakistani Taliban and the so-called Islamic State group, have made competing claims of responsibility.

Jamaat-ul-Ahrar said it had also carried out the earlier attack on Mr Kasi, who was president of the Balochistan Bar Association and had been shot while on his way from his home to the main court complex in Quetta.

Qta blast 2




Latest Videos