Rawalpindi: Seven of a family die as fire erupts in house
RAWALPINDI (92 News) – As many as seven members of a family, including five children, were killed in a fire at a two-storey house in Chaklala Scheme 3 area on Wednesday morning.
As per reports, Shaukat Cheema and his wife Ayesha along with their five children were killed as a blaze fanned out of control after electrical short-circuiting in the two-storey house. The eldest of the children, Hasan, was 14, while the youngest was four-year-old. Also, two women who were injured during the fire have been taken to a nearby hospital for treatment along with the dead bodies.
The fire was extinguished by a fire brigade team, and police are now investigating the incident.