Saudi Arabia hajj disaster death toll at least 2,110

20 Oct, 2015 2:18 pm

MINA (92 News) – The crush and stampede that struck the hajj last month in Saudi Arabia killed at least 2,110 pilgrims.

The toll keeps rising from the Sept 24 disaster as individual countries identify bodies and work to determine the whereabouts of hundreds of pilgrims still missing.

The official Saudi toll of 769 people killed and 934 injured has not changed since Sept 26, and officials have yet to address the discrepancy.

Iran has repeatedly blamed the disaster on the Saudi royal family, accusing it of mismanagement and of covering up the real death toll, which Tehran says exceeds 4,700, without providing evidence.


According to the international media, 465 pilgrims Iranians were killed. Many of the dead also came from Africa. Mali said it lost 254 people, while Nigeria lost 199, Cameroon lost 76, Niger lost 72, Senegal lost 61, and Ivory Coast and Benin both lost 52.

Others include Egypt with 182, Bangladesh with 137, Indonesia with 126, India with 116, Pakistan with 102, Ethiopia with 47, Chad with 43, Morocco with 36, Algeria with 33, Sudan with 30, Burkina Faso with 22, Tanzania with 20 and others.




Latest Videos