23 Houthi rebels killed as Saudi Arabia launches fresh airstrikes in Yemen
ADEN – Warplanes from a Saudi-led coalition pounded Houthi militiamen and military bases with at least 20 airstrikes throughout Yemen killing 23 Houthi rebels on Friday, despite Riyadh saying it was winding down its campaign.
On Tuesday, the Sunni Arab alliance announced an end to its month-old bombing operation in Yemen but strikes have continued. A Saudi spokesman later said forces would continue to target movements of the Iran-allied Houthi militia.
The Houthi-controlled health ministry said on Thursday that air strikes had so far killed 951 people, among them 134 children, and had wounded 3,311. The figure could not be independently verified. – Reuters