Seminary, mosque allegedly run by banned organization taken over by govt


NSC, India, Pulwama, respond
22 Feb, 2019 9:10 pm

BAHAWALPUR (92 News) – The Punjab government on Friday took over a mosque and a seminary allegedly run by a proscribed organization in Bahawalpur.

According to the details, the Punjab government has taken over the control of all Islamic seminaries run by a banned organizations which has purportedly claimed responsibility for a deadly attack on Indian security forces in the Indian-held Jammu Kashmir earlier this month.

The said that Madressa Al-Sabir and Masjid-e-Subhan Allah allegedly served as the headquarters of banned outfit. He also said that the Punjab government appointed administrator for the arrangements of seminary and mosque.

The spokesperson further told that more than 600 students were enrolled in the seminary whereas it had 70 teachers. He also informed that the Punjab government took action following the decision of Thursday’s National Security Committee (NSC) moot, which had given the go-ahead to take strict action against all proscribed outfit without any discrimination.

NSC decides to respond decisively to any aggression by India

Earlier, the National Security Committee (NSC) presided over by Prime Minister Imran Khan dismissed the Indian allegations about the Pulwama attack.

Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa, services chiefs, ministers and other officials participated in the meeting.

According to the declaration announced after the NSC meeting, the NSC in unequivocal terms said that the state of Pakistan is not involved in any way, means or form in the Pulwama incident and it was conceived, planned and executed indigenously.

The NSC asked the United Nations to play its role for the resolution of the Kashmir dispute.

Addressing the meeting, Prime Minister Imran Khan said that it is Naya Pakistan and the state will ensure protection of its people. “Extremism and terrorism are the biggest issues and they affected the region the most,” he said.

Regarding Pakisan’s resolve against terrorism, he said: “Pakistan alone has endured over 70,000 casualties in the process besides heavy loss to the national exchequer. That is why the National Action Plan conceived and issued in 2014, outlined concrete sequenced measures with consensus of all political parties and institutions of Pakistan.”

Having addressed direct threat to Pakistan, he said: “We need to move to ensure that militancy and extremism are routed from the society and the state never becomes hostage to extremists.”The prime minister directed both the Interior Ministry and the security institutions to immediately accelerate actions on ground.


Must Watch